MACBIO is a project that supports sustainable economies and livelihoods of Pacific Island Countries by strengthening institutional and individual capacity, to manage and conserve biodiversity in marine and coastal ecosystems. The project was commissioned by BMUB to GIZ as part of IKI, jointly implemented by SPREP, IUCN and GIZ from 2013 to 2018.
This dataset holds all MACBIO-related resources pertaining to Kiribati as one of the participating countries. Resources include;
- Kiribati Marine Atlas - interactive data viewer
- Kiribati Marine Atlas - report
- MSP (Marine Spatial Planning) banner for Tarawa
- National Marine Ecosystem Service Valuation
Data and Resources
- Marine Spatial Planning Banner - Tarawapdf
Maximizing benefits from the ocean - Tarawa serves as a good example of the...
- Kiribati Marine Atlaspdf
Marine Spatial Planning is an integrated and participatory planning process...
- National Marine Ecosystem Service Valuationpdf
The MACBIO project provides technical support in identifying and...
- Kiribati Marine Atlas - interactive data viewerhtml
This online interactive atlas is complimented by both a hard copy and e-...
|Release Date|| |
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Area|| |
POLYGON ((-189.27978605032 -3.1222326733373, -189.27978605032 3.5828675217094, -181.86767578125 3.5828675217094, -181.86767578125 -3.1222326733373))
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Location|| |
|Contact Name|| |
Jan H. Steffen